Hey, Myself Prathika Tholasi, a passionate artist and crafter since the age of 5.
1. When you actually articulated your passion and start chasing it?
It was in Oct 2018 when I realized I should convert my passion into a small business. My sister played a major role in convincing me. We discussed this over a lunch took a small loan from my mother and procured the required materials on the same day and started it.
2. What kind of products do you sell?
Customized and personalized Handmade gifts, cards, hampers, shadow box, mandala art, tanjore art.
3. What is your best selling product till now?
Scrapbooks are my best selling products.
4. What challenges were you facing and what motivated you to solve them?
The biggest challenge was and still is creating awareness and getting customers. Since I’m from a small town, word of mouth played a big role and motivated me to continue crafting.
5. What’s one change you should make right now to help you get closer to your success?
I should start promoting my page, which will help me reach out to more people that will get me closer to my success.
6. What mistakes have you made along the way?
There are many small mistakes I’ve made which had helped me understand how the business work.
7. If you could start all over again, what would you do differently?
8. What is the best advice you can give?
The best advice to all the other crafters and small business start-ups I would give is
TO HAVE PATIENCE AND HAVE A USP.