Hey, myself Shibani, Founder of houseofmiiiniii. I have always been interested in Art and Craft but took the conventional education path as my parents thoughts that a brilliant academically person can only do good in conventional education, so did MBA HR and then worked as Human Resources Business Partner in corporate world for eight years and then one day decided to quit it and do something’ that I liked so started working and learn to make clay. Initially started with Pottery and free hand sculpture and then gradually started used other forms of clay like Air Dry clay , Thai Clay , Polymer Clay , Paper Mache.
1. When you actually articulated your passion and start chasing it?
As said started with Pottery then started to explore other clay and then over period of time got hooked on to making different kinds of Miniatures.
2. What kind of products do you sell?
3. What is your best selling product till now?
Vegetable Stall and Chicken Curry
4. What challenges were you facing and what motivated you to solve them?
Initially ordered most of the supply from International suppliers but that was not conducive in long term as steady supply is required to complete projects on time so had to work hard for hours and to rely onto sources available locally for materials and tools and at the same time get the best quality in the craft.
5. What’s one change you should make right now to help you get closer to your success?
Not such change But I Just want to craft more and more miniatures and I can constantly learn the best required skills and techniques to make better miniatures.
6. What mistakes have you made along the way?
Not Many, But I can say that I became bit late for showing my crafts/Products on Social Media. Second one, In order to get the quality and correct exposure of the Miniatures I make, I have spoiled / wasted a lot of expensive materials and tool to get the right consistency in work.
7. If you could start all over again, what would you do differently?
Nothing, So far so good.
8. What is the best advice you can give?
PRACTICE and PATIENCE and CONSISTENCYis the only SUCCESS Mantra that will help you master any SKILL.
Click here to Read the other Artist’s Inspiring Story.